[Simh] SIMH future releases / Sourceforge project

Richard legalize at xmission.com
Thu Sep 2 23:34:55 EDT 2010

In article <AANLkTi=pn4Fgn2NhYKVPNfEDRi98bfW2P0x1ZiW9nk+f at mail.gmail.com>,
    Jason Stevens <neozeed at gmail.com>  writes:

> Sourceforge is at least 'established', and it does provide world wide
> mirroring, and hell it's FREE which IMHO is a 'good thing'.  The other nice
> thing is that you don't need any weird tools to download any release, os or
> patch, as they are all available to any HTTP 1.1 compliant browsers,
> although they recently have gone the path of AJAX hell... but you can still
> figure out some kind of direct link from any browser.

All of this is true of github, codeplex, and google code to name three
alternatives just off the top of my head.  There are others I'm sure.

I voice my preference as someone that formerly hosted open source
projects on sourceforge, attempted to interact with the owners of that
site to address what I (and others) perceived as its shortcomings, was
basically rebuffed and eventually decided to move to another open
source project community site.  (I chose codeplex, but that has no
real bearing on the lameness that sourceforge has become.)

I'm not an active SIMH developer, so I provide my opinion as food for
thought, but its not a compelling reason to do anything either way.