[Simh] Resizing the system disk

Nathan Cutler presnypreklad at gmail.com
Sun Oct 10 03:46:07 EDT 2010

Having set up my SimH/VAX according to Phil Wherry's HOW-TO (extremely
useful by the way - I've referred to it scores of times), I now have a
system disk that is only approximately 1.5 Gb in size. Now, I realize
that I might be able to get by with this amount of disk space, but I'm
curious whether it is possible to resize an existing SimH container
(without backing it up, creating a new one, and restoring).

Ideally, I'd like to shut down the VAX, issue the resize command (if
there is one), and then reboot the VAX and pick right up where I left
off. Possible?

Thanks,
Nathan