[Simh] Making tape/disk images

Edward Berry eaberry1 at pacbell.net
Mon May 3 17:22:19 EDT 2010

The same functionality (directory sharing) could be had by an
nfs-shared directory on a linux box. I think I had this working on
the simh vax with a standard linux nfs server and nfs client from
the networking package on the hobbyist tape. (but maybe the
problem is pdp11 doesn't support nfs?)

In my case the server had to be a third host, because the host
couldn't communicate withthe emulated vax, but I guess the
tun-tap node (or an extra NIC) would overcome that.
Ed