[Simh] CDC 6600

Sergiusz Jarczyk sjarczyk at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 11:38:00 EDT 2010

2010/7/7 Michael Kerpan <mjkerpan at kerpan.com>:
[...]
> Also, software for the CDC stuff is not that easy to come by. While
> there IS a hobbyist program for older CDC stuff, it is more selective
> about who gets licenses that the OpenVMS program is.

This is the information I couldn't get info for... As I understand,
you can eventually get COS/SCOPE/KRONOS, but I'm not sure about the
status of NOS. Anyone can clarify if it's possible to get some kind of
hobbyist license for it?

> Given that an emulator is rather useless without software to run on
> it, I would say improvements to the plaforms that we already have
> emulated and that software is readily available for would be more
> useful than new platforms.

As I plan to contribute to Simh as a hobbyist solely (business needs
of my employee would eventually only help), I was wondering about the
PDP10 part. I'd love to see full stack of TOPS-20 running on Simh,
including networking, but there is a great KLH10, so it makes no much
sense...

Sergiusz