[Simh] Install of VMS4.6 on VAX 780 crashes

Jason Stevens neozeed at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 10:07:01 EST 2010

You didn't build it with -O2 on linux did you?  There is some weird
things with GCC and SIMH's VAX...  I can only speak to 4.X BSD, but I
was able to identify two procedures that when optimized with -O2 break
4BSD on SIMH....

I kind of detailed it here:

http://www.mail-archive.com/simh@trailing-edge.com/msg00463.html

And the procedures in question were: