[Simh] SIMH on Windows CE

Jason Stevens neozeed at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 12:11:33 EST 2010

Right now I'm trying to focus on the CEPC (basically a regular x86 PC)
running 2.11 and 3.0 as I have the platform builders for both.. I do
have MSDN access and I think I have more in there, but I've really not
done tooo much with it before.. I've hit the first major block, which
is there is no good 'kbhit' for the built in console... However after
googling around like crazy, it seems the nethack people wrote their
own console for CE that includes... kbhit.  So right now I'm
installing a NT 4.0 machine with evc 3 to see if I can build nethack,
then strap simh to that...

Or does my plan sound too off kilter?

>From what I read somewhere the latest generation of windows ce phones
only runs managed code, killing all native code?  Or something
involving signed binaries.. which would be out of my reach.