[Simh] SIMH on Windows CE

Gregg Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 12:10:10 EST 2010

On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 11:35 AM, Ian King <IanK at vulcan.com> wrote:
> Windows CE morphed dramatically over its lifetime (and its newest incarnation is a completely different beast).  It is possible your source may build in (for instance) a WinCE 5.0 dev environment, but you won't be able to just run binaries.

----

Hello!
I quite agree Ian. Jason when was the last time you were inside a
Borders, or even the Cable TV office? Both are using thin clients made
by HP for either paying the cable bill or ordering new service, or
assisting the reader in finding their favorite novels in either e-book
form or hardcover. They are running CE5.0. (For X86) Even though 6 and
6.2 have been available for most of this year, most vendors haven't
latched on to it, figuring they'd wait and see what deity awful mess
that firm makes of their new Phone OS.

However to continue working with the tools and the rest, I am afraid
you might not be able to make things work via QUEMU. You might
actually need to track down a Windows box for it, unless you do have a
laptop or some such to make things work.
-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com