[Simh] Status?

Brad Parker brad at heeltoe.com
Thu Apr 22 15:12:17 EDT 2010

On Apr 22, 2010, at 3:00 PM, Rob Jarratt wrote:

> I have code I would like to contribute, is sourceforge the way to do it?

I don't know, but it should be.

On most open source projects there is a lead who collects patches and applies them as they see fit.   They generally
keep a public patch repository so everyone can see what has been submitted.

I'm not sure how the owners of this project want to handle it (it would be nice to know, hint hint)

I might suggest that the source forge project:

1) switch to subversion
2) create several branches

	trunk - main code
	experimental
	release

3) allow more open checkins to the experimental branch

(one nice thing about "git" is that it make this sort of thing really easy)

With this sort of branching it would be easy to control what got into the trunk.

And it seems like there would be no harm in running an experimental branch and having someone
who has free time add patches as they see fit...

At a minimum it would be nice to have one place where people could put their patches.

Maybe Jason (a.k.a. neozeed) could set that up?

-brad