[Simh] Disk number restriction

Rich Alderson simh at alderson.users.panix.com
Wed Sep 23 14:32:00 EDT 2009

> Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 10:04:37 +0000 (GMT)
> From: patrick renouvel <prenouvel at yahoo.fr>

> Hello to all,

> Congratulations for this really good emulator.

> Is the number of disks (4) still in use and will it be changed in a near
> future ?

Hi, Patrick,

Restrictions on numbers of disks are part of the simulated machine's
architecture, not part of SimH.  I can, for example, attach 8 RP06 disks
to the KS10 emulator (all that a real KS10-based system would permit),
or 8 RK06/RK07 and 8 RP/RM drives to an appropriately configured PDP-11.

Which system are you looking at, that has a 4 drive maximum?

                                                                Rich

Rich Alderson
Vintage Computing Server Engineer
Vulcan, Inc.