[Simh] FKABD0 diagnostics 11/34 fail in simh?

Brad Parker brad at heeltoe.com
Sun Nov 29 16:09:20 EST 2009

I sent off a note to the pdp-11 list;  in case anyone here is interested
in diagnostics I ran into
an issue running FKABD0 against simh in pdp-11/34 mode.

I may have reported this before.  If so, sorry for the duplicate.

I believe some 11's, notably the 11/34 seem to *not* auto increment or
auto decrement
registers if they trap on a non-existant-memory error.  This is a trap
to 4, so any unibus
timeout error will generate it.  I don't think the 11/44 or 11/70 have
this behavior, however.

Anyway, it seems like FKABD0 test 103 expects the register not to be
incremented/decremented.

anyone else seen this?

pretty obscure, I know, but I'm doing co-simulation and looking for 100%.

-brad