[Simh] Vax Simulator - Network Support under Itanium OpenVMS V8.3 and V8.3-1H1

Maurizio De Tommaso (Gmail) maurizio.detommaso at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 09:45:09 EST 2009

Hi All,

I have builded the simh version V3.8-1 starting from source code with sucessfull under OpenVMS/Itanium V8.3-1H1 release. Unfortunatelly simh doesn't seem to support the networks adapter if I use this platform.

As reported by the notes included into the descrip.mms file and by the simh site infos, the network support is only available with Alpha using the LIbPcap library project for OpenVMS which right now it is not available for Vax and Itanium architecture.

Can anyone tell me if there is a plane to support the network adapters under the OpenVMS I64 platform ?

Thanks so much in advance,
/Maurizio