[Simh] Vax 11/780 with multiple CPUs?

Hölscher hoelscher-kirchbrak at freenet.de
Fri May 29 02:26:28 EDT 2009

On Thu, 28 May 2009, Stephen Hoffman <Info at HoffmanLabs.com> writes:

<snip>

> You'll need to scrounge up older VAX/VMS releases, and potentially
> some of the old console firmware if you can find it.  Specifically,
> release(s) somewhere between V3.0 and before V5.0.

<snip>

I'don't know whether there was specific console software for the VAX-11/782
(and other dual-/multi-processor machines), but the VMS versions needed
are not an issue: All of the VMS V3 versions are available (plus 95% of the
manuals) and most of the VMS V4 ones.

I'd really like to see e.g. a simh VAX-11/782!

What about building the other VAX-11s (750 & 730) for simh?
What else would have to be done except for changing the CPU-ID?

Regards,

Ulli