[Simh] Hello and a noobish question about networking

Gregg C Levine hansolofalcon at worldnet.att.net
Tue Jan 20 12:23:48 EST 2009

Hello!
Jason, I believe that particular library is part of the basic C library,
that's the heap big one who travels with the unique headers.

And as such since its part of a dynamic run-time package, it really can't be
built static, let alone linked static as such. I believe as you suspect it
would need to be re-written to do so.

And as for networking, typically I just assign the Ethernet controller, to
an existing card, either the host's card, or one specifically installed for
the purpose.

Incidentally Mike, on the SIMH site there's a great abundance of links who
can supply answers to something like fifty percent of your questions.
Including the all important one, what can I do with this once I've restored
the system image.
Gregg C Levine hansolofalcon at worldnet.att.net