[Simh] OpenVMS licenses now transferable to emulators

Tim Shoppa shoppa at trailing-edge.com
Mon Feb 9 18:24:16 EST 2009

"Hittner, David (IT)" <david.hittner at ngc.com> wrote:
> HP has announced that licenses are now transferable (for a fee) to
> emulators.
>
> http://h71000.www7.hp.com/openvms/vax-emulator.html
>
> Not the cheapest, but certainly the most legal.

What is moderately interesting is that they not only name the
three Charon emulators (I honestly didn't know there were three!)
but also SIMH. It's not perfectly clear which ones are qualified
by passing the "standard qualification tests" and which ones are not.

They do make it clear that the hardware platform underneath has
to be made out of HP hardware. Hmm, running SIMH VAX on an HP3000, anyone? :-)

Tim.