[Simh] simh and tap device under linux

Edward Berry eaberry1 at pacbell.net
Tue Aug 25 13:15:12 EDT 2009

If the machine is always on and networked
(as opposed to each user turns it on to run simh), you can
run simh yourself as superuser and have others telnet in from nearby
(same subnet) machines. The ^E command will be unavailable,
the users will be restricted to commands of the simulated OS.

I like to start simh in a "screen", then detach the screen if I need to
leave or logoff.

Since telnet sends cleartext passwords, allow telnet only from local
subnet where you are sure there are no password sniffers. Or is SSH
availabe for vms?

Ed