[Simh] Loading diagnostics

Tim Shoppa tshoppa at wmata.com
Fri Apr 24 08:38:20 EDT 2009

Bob writes:
> Use the FLOAD command. From the documentation:
> The RX01 implements a special command, FLOAD, for loading VAX executables from
> an RT11-formatted console floppy disk image:
>            FLOAD <file_name> {<origin>}
>
> FLOAD searches the floppy disk image attached to the RX01 for the named
> file and then loads it into VAX-11/780 memory starting at the origin.
> If no origin is specified, the default origin is 200 (hex).
> This is how I load and execute diagnostics from console floppy images.

I'd like to remind everyone that some sector-wise 11/780 console floppy
images (boot, diagnostics, standalone backup, a couple 3rd-party drivers,
etc.) I've collected over the years are stashed at

  ftp://ftp.trailing-edge.com/pub/11780flops/

If anyone knows of other diagnostics floating around on the web I'm
interested.

I have some partial tape images of VAXPAX that I've never quite indexed.

Tim.