[Simh] Getting to the 780 console prompt

Robert Jarratt robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com
Thu Apr 23 13:26:54 EDT 2009

OK, I understand that the diagnostics would not work, but I have been trying
to modify R5 using the SIMH DEPOSIT command before booting the 780 to see if
I can get it do a conversational boot (R5=1) or anything else. It does not
seem to react to any R5 values, except 0x10 which seems to cause some sort
of hang. Should I expect it to do a conversational boot if I try this (DEP
R5 1)?

Regards

Rob