[Simh] Getting to the 780 console prompt

Brad Parker brad at heeltoe.com
Thu Apr 23 07:42:45 EDT 2009

"Robert Jarratt" wrote:
>The reason I want to get to the 780's console is so that I can boot
>standalone diagnostics as per this document:
>
>http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/dec/vax/780/EK-DS780-UG-002_780_Diagnostic_Syst
>em_Users_Guide_Aug79.pdf

I have never done that on a 780, but for pdp-11 paper tape diagnostics
(which I have run), it's easy to load the files and just run them.

I also wrote a program to extract xxdp diagnostics from a disk image.
(which allows me to run them in various non-simh simulators)

I guess the issue would be to get images of the diagnostic floppies.
Once you have those I suspect we could find a way to get them into
simh.

Do you have those images?

Anyone know if the diagnostic supervisor runs on the lsi-11 or the 780?