[Simh] A new version...

Terry Newton wtn90125 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 22 20:55:22 EDT 2008

--- On Mon, 9/22/08, Larry Baker <baker at usgs.gov> wrote:
>  Perhaps the solution is for two types of
> "makefiles" (or
> batch scripts, or whatever): one for developers
> and one for users

I agree 100%! (although I'd call it into one for
'nix-like systems and one for MinGW/Windows or when
the other one doesn't work... but same difference)
Perhaps the 'nix version be named "Makefile" and name
the simpler one makefile.[some other extension].

My Linux dev system now uses Philipp's makefile for
its far superior speed when making changes, and for
spinning the Windows version I renamed the original
makefile and edited build_mingw.bat to call it.
Best of both worlds, fast for developing and also
works with simpler tools and environments.

Terry