[Simh] Here comes a new Makefile - please try it and enhance it!

Philipp Hachtmann hachti at hachti.de
Thu Sep 18 21:44:42 EDT 2008

> First tried it mostly as-is after making obvious changes,
> changed common dir to . and changed source dirs to uppercase
> to correspond to the distro dir names.
Ah, ok, I will consider using the original names again. I don't like
them, but that makes things easier...

> newton at ubuntu:/media/hda11/simhtest/simhv38-0$ make
> makefile:244: *** missing separator.  Stop.
>
> (this error also occured before making any changes but forgot
>  it was mentioned the dir names needed changing...)
>
> The line being referenced is the first code line in...
>
> #################################
> #
> # Use the template with SIM_NAMES
> #
>
> $(foreach sn, $(SIM_NAMES),$(eval $(call OBJECT_TEMPLATE,$(sn))))
> $(foreach sn, $(SIM_NAMES),$(eval $(call PROGRAM_TEMPLATE,$(sn))))
>
> Using GNU Make 3.81 "built for i486-pc-linux-gnu". Let me know
> if any other details needed or if you want me to try something.
> A version of the makefile that corresponds to the existing
> SimH 3.8-0 archive would be helpful, better yet, include all
> of the sims.
Ooops.. Thought I have posted a version without obvious errors like that.
Meanwhile I have added some more features and simulators. Will post the
latest Makefile soon. Would be nice if you give it another try :-)

Best wishes,
Philipp :-)