[Simh] Here comes a new Makefile - please try it and enhance it!

Terry Newton wtn90125 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 18 21:02:19 EDT 2008

Followup...

--- On Thu, 9/18/08, Terry Newton <wtn90125 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I'll try to fill in the details in the proposed
> makefile and give it a shot.

First tried it mostly as-is after making obvious changes,
changed common dir to . and changed source dirs to uppercase
to correspond to the distro dir names.

newton at ubuntu:/media/hda11/simhtest/simhv38-0$ make
makefile:244: *** missing separator.  Stop.

(this error also occured before making any changes but forgot
 it was mentioned the dir names needed changing...)

The line being referenced is the first code line in...

#################################
#
# Use the template with SIM_NAMES
#

$(foreach sn, $(SIM_NAMES),$(eval $(call OBJECT_TEMPLATE,$(sn))))
$(foreach sn, $(SIM_NAMES),$(eval $(call PROGRAM_TEMPLATE,$(sn))))

Using GNU Make 3.81 "built for i486-pc-linux-gnu". Let me know
if any other details needed or if you want me to try something.
A version of the makefile that corresponds to the existing
SimH 3.8-0 archive would be helpful, better yet, include all
of the sims.

Terry