[Simh] Testing 1,2,3

Patrick Finnegan pat at computer-refuge.org
Thu Oct 23 14:17:18 EDT 2008

On Wednesday 22 October 2008, Ken Cornetet wrote:
> Oh, and about top-posting: I (and many others) prefer top posting for
> mailing lists. I personally do not want to read the same emails over
> and over. I'd prefer to just read the new addition to the
> conversation.

That's easy to fix.  Just trim the message that you're replying to, to
only include what you're replying to, sort of like what I did here.

In any case, as long as the text is properly quoted, it's quite easy to
skip to the new part of the message by scanning for the part that's not
quoted by "> " at the beginning of the line. (That is unlike what your
client seems to do to messages; are you using Outlook perhaps?  I've
seen people who use Outlook and get reasonable quoting out of it, it's
just a matter of configuring it properly)

I guess it's possible to be too lazy to trim the message, or have a
client that doesn't easily allow you to do this, but those are both a
personal choice.  In that case, I'm sorry to have made you need to skip
over all 4 lines of quoted text, to see the "new content" of this
message. :)

Pat