[Simh] serial input on PDP-11: tti polling slow

Jörg Hoppe j_hoppe at t-online.de
Thu Nov 20 04:35:30 EST 2008

Hello,

I'm debugging a serial protocol driver for PDP-11 on SimH
(yet another approach to move disc content).
My PDP-11 code reads and writes over the serial "TTI/TTO" port at 177560.
I found that TTI is polled with line time clock frequency of 50Hz,
which results in a transmission rate of ca. 600 Baud ...
not usable for development.

I've read manuals and sources, but have no clue yet:
- How can I get a faster TTI?
- What is SimHs approach for simulated baudrates?
- What is that 24 bit "TIME" register documented for TTI?

regards
Joerg Hoppe