[Simh] Restoring CTSS?

Andrew Warkentin andreww591 at gmail.com
Sat May 24 04:31:55 EDT 2008

I'm attempting to build a CTSS system from the tape images available at
http://www.piercefuller.com/library/ctss.html . How much progress have
other people made in building CTSS? It looks like there is almost enough
there to get a working system, and whatever is missing could be
reconstructed.

So far, I've written a few scripts for extracting the individual lisings
from the tape and converting them into usable source files (although
manual editing is required for some files), and attempted to run the
disk formatting utility under IBSYS (unsuccessfully so far).

If anyone is interested in helping, I can start a Sourceforge project. I
  don't care how complicated it is, I want to get CTSS running again,
due to its historical significance as the first timesharing OS (or at
the very least, one of the first).