[Simh] Simh Networking on restrictive network?

Jason Stevens neozeed at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 16:29:14 EDT 2008

I do have a version of the microvax for simh that I've modified to use SLIRP
instead of pcap.  The upshot is that you don't need a device driver on the
host PC (libpcap), and that you can either dhcp your vax or just give it an
ip for the virtual TCPIP stack to talk to...  It also supports TCP port
redirection, although currently it has to be modified in the source.  Also
the other upshot is that you just run the emulator like an application... so
it's portable in that I run a copy of my VAX stuff on a thumb drive...

Check out my 4.3RENO project here:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=204974

It installs on windows, and you just click & run and it'll talk on the
internet etc etc...  I've been thinking of a way to have it talk on some
kind of private internet type infastructure, but that's a talk for another
day.