[Simh] Simh Networking on restrictive network?

Zachary Kline Z_kline at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 20 15:34:45 EDT 2008

Hi,
    I've some interest in running a simulated OpenVMS or other system on my university campus as a thing to play with.  It's not something other people would necesarily access, but still I'd like TCP/IP with it if possible.  The only problem is the university network, which is a bit restrictive.
    I am guessing the best thing would probably be to talk to the network people and explain what I'm doing, but I was wondering what you guys might think about networking under these sorts of circumstances?  (Specifically, the system doesn't like rogue DHCP servers, as can sometimes happen with Internet connection sharing on Windows, I'm told.
Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Zack.