[Simh] Autoboot on the 3900 & loosing characters on the console during startup

Villy Madsen Villy.Madsen at shaw.ca
Tue Mar 18 22:23:10 EDT 2008

Mark

Works great!!!

Noticed something strange though (nothing to do with the microcode - I don't
think)...

My console seems to be dropping characters during startup

Happens both with the ethernet console and with the dos window console - appears
to be loosing a linefeed....

The ethernet connected console uses Putty

Running under w/xp

Device                  Device           Error    Volume         Free  Trans Mnt
 Name                   Status           Count     Label        Blocks Count Cnt
$2$DUA0:      (VGMVAX)  ShadowSetMember      0  (member of DSA7:)
$2$DUA1:      (VGMVAX)  Online               0
$2$DUA2:      (VGMVAX)  Online               0
$2$DUA3:      (VGMVAX)  Online               0
$2$DUB0:      (VGMVAX)  ShadowSetMember      0  (member of DSA7:)
$2$DUB1:      (VGMVAX)  Online               0
$2$DUB2:      (VGMVAX)  Online               0
$2$DUB3:      (VGMVAX)  Online               0
%MOUNT-I-MOUNTED, OVMSVAXSYS mounted on _DSA7:
%MOUNT-I-ISAMBR, _$2$DUB0: (VGMVAX) is a member of the shadow set
%WBM-I-WBMINFO Deleting all bitmaps represented by this WBMB. set
%MOUNT-I-MOUNTED, VAXDATA2 mounted on _DSA2:
%MOUNT-I-SHDWMEMSUCC, _$2$DUA2: (VGMVAX) is now a valid member of the shadow set
%WBM-I-WBMINFO Deleting all bitmaps represented by this WBMB.r of the shadow set
<< In here and other places
%MOUNT-I-MOUNTED, VAXDATA3 mounted on _DSA3:
%MOUNT-I-SHDWMEMSUCC, _$2$DUA3: (VGMVAX) is now a valid member of the shadow set
%MOUNT-I-SHDWMEMSUCC, _$2$DUB3: (VGMVAX) is now a valid member of the shadow set
Job SSH_SERVER_STARTUP (queue SYS$BATCH, entry 1) started on SYS$BATCH
%WASD-I-STARTUP, begin
%WASD-I-STARTUP, using SSL image
%HTTPD-S-PROC_ID, identification of created process is 0000021B
%WASD-I-STARTUP, end
%SET-I-INTSET, login interactive limit = 64, current interactive value = 0
  SYSTEM       job terminated at 18-MAR-2008 20:13:47.61