[Simh] RSTS/E v96 installation

Fausto Saporito fausap at unina.it
Wed Mar 12 14:06:50 EDT 2008

Hello all,

I'm installing the RSTS/E v9.6, unfortunately I don't have the right
installation document, and I'm using that one related to RSTS/E 9.7

During the installation I have the following request:

Please mount the RSTS/E Library media and enter the
name and unit number of the device.
Valid device types are: 'MM', 'MS', 'MT', 'MU', 'DM' or 'DL'

Library device? <_MU0:>

What's this library media? I found in the trailing-edge ftp directory,
a rsts_v9_library.zip
Is this the correct file? Or is it too old?

If I use it, I have the following:

Restoring the System Startup files from the Library kit
Restoring the System Library package from the Library kit
File [1,2]LOGIN .TSK not replaced
File [1,2]LOGOUT.TSK not replaced
File [1,2]DIRECT.TSK not replaced
File [1,2]SYSTAT.TSK not replaced
File [1,2]FILCOM.TSK not replaced
File [1,2]ATPK  .TSK not replaced
File [1,2]SAVRES.SAV not replaced
File [1,2]TERMGR.TSK not replaced
File [1,2]RDRXXX.TSK not replaced
File [1,2]RDRIDS.TSK not replaced

etc...

Is it normal?

After it, the installation seems to be fine, but F77, for example, is
not installed, even if I choiced to install it.

thanks,
fausto