[Simh] RTE-6/VM configuration

J. David Bryan jdbryan at acm.org
Sun Jul 6 02:33:01 EDT 2008

On Sunday, July 06, 2008 at 11:45, Michael T. Richter wrote:

> A general-purpose remapping would be kind of nice, no?

Have an example of where that would be useful?

I've encountered variation among programs for line delete and character
delete.  Various HP 21xx systems used DEL, ESC, and CTRL+X for line delete,
and BS, CTRL+A, and underscore for character delete.  It'd be useful to
remap those, so I wouldn't have to remember which program used which key.

Also, some HP systems used CR + LF for line terminator.  Others used CR
alone.  Again, it's nice to remap ENTER to CR + LF for those systems that
require it, so that one need not remember to hit CTRL+J after ENTER.  (In
fact, that's already implemented locally for the HP simulator with the
"AUTO LF" option on the TTY device.)

Beyond that, I haven't encountered a situation where remapping would be
helpful.

                                      -- Dave