[Simh] RTE-6/VM configuration

Terry Newton wtn90125 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 4 17:41:15 EDT 2008

--- On Fri, 7/4/08, Ken Cornetet <Ken.Cornetet at kimball.com> wrote:
> I have an answer file that includes most all of the simh
> devices that I'd be happy to send to you.

Yes, thanks, please send.

I have much to learn in order to do this properly, but I figured out
how to load in objects provided they're on magtape, and managed to
(so far) get WOODY (chess), OTHEL and MMM running without difficulty.
QCterm works for displaying WOODY and OTHEL in graphical format,
and also permits backspace to work. For now I just deleted "extra"
files from a copy of the "4010" primary disk to make room.

If anyone's interested I posted the .tap files I used with "what I did"
instructions at: http://newton.freehostia.com/hp/hpgtapes.zip
Will update the file when I figure out more.

Terry