[Simh] Auto shutdown of virtual VAX

Villy Madsen Villy.Madsen at shaw.ca
Thu Jul 3 19:02:43 EDT 2008

I've been thinking for a while of how to implement an automatic shutdown of the
virtual VAX when the host is shutting down.

My initial attempt from a few years ago was dependent upon some code that I had
written to throttle the VAX, all of which became redundant when the guru's built
throttling into the package..

The message about setting the time in RTE(I think that was it) by pre-loading
the Card Reader got me thinking..

In the event,

What I have now hacked up is...

Load the card read with a deck that contains shutdown instructions...

Start up the system.

When Windoze issues a shutdown, or the windoz user logs off, or a close command
is issued..

Automatically generate a reset to the card reader

Following which VMS quietly shuts itself down.....

If there is interest, I will clean up the mods to SCP, document the whole and
make it available

Villy

Villy Madsen
www.members.shaw.ca/villy.madsen