[Simh] Problem with "attach xq"

Vorländer, Martin MV at PDV-SYSTEME.DE
Thu Jan 24 04:33:13 EST 2008

> Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:
> sim> sh xq eth
> ETH devices:
>   0  eth1 (No description available)
>   1  eth2 (No description available)
>
> > The "N" in the "ethN" of the "attach xq ethN" simulator command
> > corresponds to the number under the "ETH" word in the output of the
> > "show xq eth".  The "eth#" value in the "show xq eth" output is the
> > OS device name.  They might NOT be one to one related.
>
> Argh!  This is somewhat misleading, isn't it? But thanks anyways, I'll
> test that.
>
> Maybe patches are welcome to make that even more intuitive? Though
> these might break working setups...

Under Windows it is a bit more descriptive:

C:\> vax.exe

VAX simulator V3.7-3
sim> show xq eth
WinPcap version 4.0.2 (packet.dll version 4.0.0.1040), based on libpcap version 0.9.5
ETH devices:
  0  \Device\NPF_GenericDialupAdapter                   (Adapter for generic dialup and VPN capture)
  1  \Device\NPF_{352FF5EC-F252-4F57-9B7D-9136E1641658} (LAN-Verbindung)
sim>

I have no idea whether some description could be fetched by the code on *ix
systems, too.

cu,
  Martin