[Simh] Problem with "attach xq"

Jan-Benedict Glaw jbglaw at lug-owl.de
Wed Jan 23 19:15:43 EST 2008

On Wed, 2008-01-23 15:00:29 -0800, Mark Pizzolato <mark at infocomm.com> wrote:
> --- Jan-Benedict Glaw <jbglaw at lug-owl.de> wrote:
> > The resulting `vax' binary seems to work nicely and I'm just about to
> > try a NetBSD installation (goal: Help GCC development and testing.)
> >
> > However (wildly testing combinations):
> >
> > sim> at xq eth2
> > File open error
> > sim> at xq eth2
> > File open error
> > sim> at xq eth1
>
> Just for grins, type the following at the sim> prompt:
> sim> show xq eth
>
> This should produce a list of possible "devices" which can be
> attached to.

sim> sh xq eth
ETH devices:
  0  eth1 (No description available)
  1  eth2 (No description available)

> The "N" in the "ethN" of the "attach xq ethN" simulator command
> corresponds to the number under the "ETH" word in the output of the
> "show xq eth".  The "eth#" value in the "show xq eth" output is the
> OS device name.  They might NOT be one to one related.

Argh!  This is somewhat misleading, isn't it? But thanks anyways, I'll
test that.

Maybe patches are welcome to make that even more intuitive? Though
these might break working setups...

MfG, JBG

--
      Jan-Benedict Glaw      jbglaw at lug-owl.de              +49-172-7608481
Signature of:              Alles sollte so einfach wie möglich gemacht sein.