[Simh] idle feature

Bailey, Scott scott.bailey at eds.com
Fri Feb 8 10:20:47 EST 2008

Mark Pizzolato wrote:
>You would get the "Command not allowed" response to the SET CPU IDLE
>command if your platform's clock tick was greater than 10ms.
>
>To verify this, you can add the "adjtimex - 1.21.3.fc8.i386" package
>to your Fedora 8 installation and type the following:
>
>  # adjtimex -p
>
>and look at the value of the tick which is displayed.  Something
>greater than 10000 will effectively disable simh's idle feature.

Interesting, I've been seeing this problem too on my Debian/testing
installation... And I know it USED to work at some point. :-)
adjtimex -p reported a tick value of 10006, but I found that
reducing tick temporarily to 10000 or even 9999 did not help
with this issue:

# adjtimex -t 9999
# vax -f /dev/null

VAX simulator V3.7-3