[Simh] QBus backplanes.

Brett Bump bbump at rsts.org
Sun Apr 6 00:42:11 EDT 2008

On Sat, 5 Apr 2008, Marc Chametzky wrote:

> > How much did a non-epoxied backplane cost as a spare part?  Also, FWIW,
> > a BA23 has 9 slots not 8. :)
>
> 9, huh? Certainly shows what's happened to my memory over the years.
> These days I can't remember my own age without thinking about it for a
> while, and sometimes actually doing the math. That, however, is
> sometimes a good thing. :-)
>
> --Marc

The BA23 has 9 slots (knowing this from my 11/53 sitting here) and it was
the BA11-NC that had 8 slots (the BA11-MA having only 4).  Of course these
backplanes were missing the BDAL18-21 lines that you had to wirewrap by
hand if you wanted to run more than 256k turning an 11/23 into a 11/23Plus
(or in my case, a homemade 11/73 in a 3" case w/5" drives circa. 1987).

Nothing wrong with "MY" memory. ;-)  I just don't remember what I forgot.

Brett