[Simh] VAX-VMS under Linux - Problem with Configuring TCP/IP Core Environment

Jeremy Begg jeremy at vsm.com.au
Sun Sep 9 23:21:40 EDT 2007

Hi Barry,

>I am running VAX-VMS under Linux (Fedora 7) and am having a problem
>configuring the "TCP/IP Core Environment".  When selecting to configure
>the "Domain" option I receive an error message that this is an "invalid
>configuration option, I assume because I do not have the
>"TCPIP-IP-CLIENT PAK" installed.  I found and installed the license for
>this (UCX-IP-CLIENT) but I cannot locate the appropriate kit to actually
>install the package itself.

I see from your LMF database listing that you have the UCX licence, so you
shouldn't need the IP-CLIENT variant.

The LMF database shows licences which are registered on the system; it
doesn't show what licences are actually in use on the running system.
What does the VMS command $ SHOW LICENSE tell you?  If it doesn't list UCX,
try doing $ LICENSE LOAD UCX and then the $ SHOW LICENSE again.

Regards,

	Jeremy Begg