[Simh] VAX-VMS under Linux - Problem with Configuring TCP/IP Core Environment

Barry Skidmore simh at sme-server.homelinux.net
Sun Sep 9 19:10:18 EDT 2007

I am running VAX-VMS under Linux (Fedora 7) and am having a problem
configuring the "TCP/IP Core Environment".  When selecting to configure
the "Domain" option I receive an error message that this is an "invalid
configuration option, I assume because I do not have the
"TCPIP-IP-CLIENT PAK" installed.  I found and installed the license for
this (UCX-IP-CLIENT) but I cannot locate the appropriate kit to actually
install the package itself.

============

        DIGITAL TCP/IP Services for OpenVMS CORE ENVIRONMENT
Configuration Menu

        Configuration options:

                 1  -  BIND Resolver        Requires TCPIP-IP-CLIENT PAK
                 2  -  Domain               Requires TCPIP-IP-CLIENT PAK
                 3  -  Routing              Requires TCPIP-IP-CLIENT PAK
                 4  -  Interfaces
                 5  -  Time Zone

                 A  -  Configure options 1 - 5
                [E] -  Exit menu

Enter configuration option: 2
Invalid configuration option selected, please try again

============================

License Management Facility  V1.2

License Database File:       SYS$COMMON:[SYSEXE]LMF$LICENSE.LDB;1
Created on:                   9-SEP-2007
Created by user:             SYSTEM
Created by LMF Version:      V1.2

UCX                          DEC
UCX-IP-CLIENT                DEC