[Simh] binary file update...

Jason Stevens neozeed at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 15:44:31 EDT 2007

Ok as requested I've uploaded binaries for OS X, NeXTSTEP, Linux & MS-DOS.
I've tried to keep them as dependant free as possible.

The OSX binaries are built with i386/ppc/ppc64 support.  If anyone is using
them, please let me know how they work out.. I'm really interested in
hearing on anyone with a G5.  I would like to know if manually linking in
libpcap works!

The linux binaries are built with GCC 3.2, and with the -static flag.  I had
to remove some 'naming' functions from libpcap inorder to be able to link
staticaly against it.

I actually did have a request for m68k Nextstep from another user forum... I
think he just wanted to see if his slab could run VMS... Oh well I figure
it's a good test to see if I'm doing this 'universal' binary thing correctly
(OSX & NS both use -arch i386 -arch ppc -arch ppc64 or -arch sparc -arch
hppa -arch m68k).

I just built the pdp11 & vax binaries for MS-DOS.  I suspected nobody would
even download them, but was surprised to see two downloads.  I did test the
vax780 exe with BSD under windows XP (you have to run it like this 'dos4gw
vax780.exe my.ini').

I've been thinking about checking to see what I would need to provide
solaris 10 binaries.  That and develop some kind of testing setup & a more
sane compile enviroment..

Again these binaries are largely compiled and untested..   But any feed back
is appreciated.

Feel free to request new targets!