[Simh] os8 simh getting space.pa running

Christian Buchegger christian at buchegger-home.de
Tue Oct 30 07:24:59 EDT 2007

Rob,

find below an except,  from my personal notes I have taken when compiling
the Pascal compiler mentioned below.
Tha major issue was a CR/LF mismatch I faced because I used windows as host
system.

As an explanation to the symptom you are seeing is that the os8 editor
manages big source codes in units of pages marked by <FF>.
This requires special treatment on every page end.

Hope this helps,
Christian

Pascal Compiler

Sources for the compiler can be found at: http://www.dbit.com/pub/pdp8/.
A PAL8 version is
http://www.dbit.com/pub/pdp8/nickel/langs/pascal/ascii/pascal.pa.

It can be read into the simultor by attaching this ascii file to the PTR
device:

att ptr pascal.pa

--

.R PIP
*PASCAL.PA<PTR:

.R PAL8
*PASCAL<PASCAL

However at the present I receive a compiling error: PH 0200.
Answer:
http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/dec/pdp8/os8/AA-H610A-TA_os8errMsg_mar79.pdf
... non matching angle brackets "<" ">"

resolved: The issue was likely caused by missing/wrong line terminators; a
simple save by the editor resolved the issue.