[Simh] Compile problems with SIMH V3.7-3

Peter Lund firefly at vax64.dk
Tue Oct 16 07:52:48 EDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-10-16 at 12:24 +0100, Bill Gallagher wrote:

> That third parameter can be a 64 bit int if USE_INT64 is specified, so
> the extra zero would just be the high 32 bits.

Yup, that's my theory, too.

That, or an extra part of the pointer being passed due to a weird
calling convention being used.  Who knows what might happen in managed
code?

You can test it by creating an extra function get_uintxxx() in scp.c,
put a prototype of it in scp.h, and call it from rq_set_type().

The catch is that you declare it to take only a t_value and then look at
the disassembly at the call site.

> See sim_defs.h definition of t_value.

Precisely.  I think the lack of -DUSE_INT64 on the command line when
scp.c was compiled is the problem.

-Peter