[Simh] Compile problems with SIMH V3.7-3

Matjaz Rihtar matjaz at eunet.si
Tue Oct 16 07:53:13 EDT 2007

Bill Gallagher wrote:
> That third parameter can be a 64 bit int if USE_INT64 is specified,
> so the extra zero would just be the high 32 bits.

Oh, that's the problem! As basis for my compilation with VC 2003 I've
taken *.vcproj files from Neozeed's "Visual C++ 2005 additions!" on
sourceforge, where sim*.c files are compiled without the USE_INT64 and
other flags.

Now I've carefully re-examined the original makefile and found out that
all files must be compiled with these flags (-DVM_VAX -DUSE_INT64
-DUSE_ADDR64).

That solved the problem - thanks!

If you think, that automatically spawning the external telnet
application is a good addition to the project, I can contribute the
code, when I'm done.

Matjaz

PS: Neozeed should probably re-check simlib.vcproj in his
simh-3.7-3-vc2005.zip ...