[Simh] vt220 to an emulated VAX

Gregg Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 13:57:48 EST 2007

On Nov 9, 2007 1:15 PM, Robert G. Schaffrath <robert at schaffrath.net> wrote:

>  There is one other way to do it that I have had success with using a REAL
> VT320.  Get a copy of TcpToSer at http://www.tcptoser.de/ .  First make sure
> you can Telnet in to your simulated VAX.  Then configure the various TCP/IP
> settings in TcpToSer to connect to your VAX and you are good to go.
>
>  Robert G. Schaffrath
>  VMS V3.7 -> VMS V7.2-2
>

>  Kevin Handy wrote:
>  Villy Madsen wrote:
>

>  You could always re-write one of the pdp11/vax serial port drivers to work
> with
> his serial port ...
>

>  Or, you could log into Linux on the 220, then
> start up the emulator from there
> and use it as the console port.
>
> Or, log into Linux from the 220, then telnet into
> the emulator.

Hello!
Yes it would work, but only if our correspondent was using his
emulated SIMH supported VAX on Windows(Ugh!) rather then on Linux, as
he's described. The product you suggest only runs on Windows.

There aren't too many suggestions available, except for tracking down
a terminal server such as the Model90L device or related from the
usual sources, and using that, after you've set up networking on the
simulation.

Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com
"This signature was once found posting rude
 messages in English in the Moscow subway."