[Simh] Dummy getting error message he can't figure out

Gregg Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com
Thu May 31 17:56:00 EDT 2007

On 5/31/07, Jason Stevens <neozeed at gmail.com> wrote:
> FYI it's the -lrt thing again...
>
> http://mailman.trailing-edge.com/pipermail/simh/2007-May/001074.html
>
> I'd gripe about how linux constantly changes ABI's and breaks stuff left and
> right, but it's been that way since 1992.....  I know its been mentioned
> before but maybe its getting time to use autoconfigure???  But I'll be
> honest, I've never used it, so I don't even know what I'm really talking
> about.  I just mostly mash simh here & there....
>

> On 5/31/07, ron Hudson <hudson.ra at gmail.com> wrote:
> > 1) downloaded simh zip file
> > 2) ftp zip file from windows machine to linux file server (beehive)
> > 3) unzip file in /opt/simh
> > 3.5) don't see a .configure
> > 4) make pdp11
> >
> > /tmp/ccwqJP6f.o: In function `sim_os_ms_sleep_init':
> > /opt/simh/sim_timer.c:299: undefined reference to `clock_getres'
> > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> > make: *** [BIN/pdp11] Error 1
> >
> > The linux server is running redhat 7.3 (it's an older machine
> > not quite capable of a more recent linux) A Dell optiplex GX100.

Hello!
Actually we are both right. Ron, your box can run newer distributions.
I have successfully run Slackware 11.0 on a P2 based machine, and
still do. My first advice still applies, however work through the
makefile and look for that library, to which Jason can attest.

First one right with this problem wins the prize.

Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com
"This signature was once found posting rude
 messages in English in the Moscow subway."