[Simh] SIMH, VMS, Telnet - Logging on after logoff won't work

Robert Jarratt robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com
Wed May 23 19:09:52 EDT 2007

I am having a problem using Telnet to access VMS on SIMH. I can connect to
VMS using Telnet and work away happily, but after I have logged off I cannot
get another login prompt. It seems that after a while VMS logs the following
message to the console:

Auditable event:          Local interactive login failure

Event time:               23-MAY-2007 22:31:32.65

PID:                      00000221

Process name:             _TTA0:

Username:                 <login>

Process owner:            [SYSTEM]

Terminal name:            _TTA0:

Image name:               ROBNOD$DUA0:[SYS0.SYSCOMMON.][SYSEXE]LOGINOUT.EXE

And then I can get a login prompt again.

I have tried attach -am dz <port> and SET TER/PERM/MODEM/HANGUP to no avail
(although I did not reboot VMS).

Any suggestion for how I can resolve this?

Thanks

Rob