[Simh] SimH 3.7 Hangs/Crashes Windows Host When Emulating Vax

Robert Jarratt robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com
Fri May 11 17:20:19 EDT 2007

I have SimH installed and also winpcap 4.0.

If I run the Ethernet enabled version of SimH as administrator my Windows XP
machine will blue screen not long after VMS has booted. If I run the
non-ethernet enabled version as a non-admin the XP machine will freeze again
shortly after booting VMS, by freeze I mean even the mouse does not move and
I have to hard reset the machine. A web search does not reveal any clues,
can anyone suggest what the problem might be?

Also, I have been using the PDP-10 emulator without issue (but have not
tried it since installing winpcap).

Thanks