[Simh] VMS Tape operations

Alan Frisbie frisbie at Flying-Disk.com
Fri Jun 29 14:21:13 EDT 2007

Villy,

> I have just noticed that when I mount an ANSI Tape
> (not foreign) and do a directory listing I get a listing
> of all of the files on the tape twice.

That is because your default directory is set to a search
list (like Sys$Manager).   For every directory in the search
list, DIR will make a pass through the tape.

If you set your default directory to something other than
a search list (e.g. DKA0:[USER]), then you will get the
expected single listing.

Alan

--  Alan E. Frisbie               Frisbie at Flying-Disk.Com
--  Flying Disk Systems, Inc.
--  4759 Round Top Drive          323-256-2575
--  Los Angeles, CA 90065