[Simh] pdp8

Christian Buchegger christian at buchegger-home.de
Sat Jun 23 18:43:32 EDT 2007

Hello Alain,

it should exactly work as you have described. I just tested on my windows
box using the images contained in
the download http://simh.trailing-edge.com/kits/os8swre.tar.Z
(os8_rx.dsk and os8f4_rx.dsk) both booted properly and showed the . prompt:

C:\pdp8>pdp8

PDP-8 simulator V3.7-1
sim> att rx0  os8f4_rx.dsk
RX: buffering file in memory
sim> boot rx0

.
.
.DIR

SYS  VOLUME--   1
FORTRAN IV     SYS:=RX8E
OS/8 SYSTEM   VERSION   3Q

BUILD .SV  33           PASS2 .SV  20           FORLIB.RL 170
CCL   .SV  18           PASS20.SV   5           BOOT  .SV   5
DIRECT.SV   7           PASS3 .SV   8           BATCH .SV  10
EDIT  .SV  10           RALF  .SV  19           FUTIL .SV  26
FOTP  .SV   8           LOAD  .SV  16           LCSYS .BI   3
RESORC.SV  10           FRTS  .SV  26           UCSYS .BI   3
F4    .SV  20           LIBRA .SV  11           IDS   .SV   5

  21 FILES IN  433 BLOCKS -    5 FREE BLOCKS

.

I also played around on Linux as well and all worked as expected.
Maybe try to reextract the image from the download as it could have been
corrupted .

Hope this helps,
Christian