[Simh] pdp8

nierveze nierveze at radio-astronomie.com
Thu Jun 21 13:30:13 EDT 2007

hello Bob and all members of the list ,I am new to this list , I have
recently found a decmate ,I wanted to learn the pdp8
and os8 on emulator before using a real machine (this decmate is my first
'pdp8' ,I have lots of pdp11 ,but had no
pdp8 until today -I am really happy-I dowloaded
you simulator ,I already use  it for pdp11,but not pdp8,and the os8 package
found on your site. all went ok ,the emulated pdp8 is ok,the os files
decompressed as dsk images ,I did what I do on pdp11 :
att rx0 filename.dsk
boot rx0

but the pdp8 does not boot ,it does nothing I can stop it ,and exit the
emulator ,but no boot ,what do I miss ?do I have to type in a
bootstrap?Please help me
thanks
,best regards
alain nierveze
 to have a look at some of my pdp11 and vaxes
www.radio-astronomie.com/info.htm