[Simh] How to emulate PDP-10 on simh and load Tops-10 operating system?

Sternbach, William william.sternbach at citi.com
Mon Jun 11 11:54:30 EDT 2007

Hi,

I would like to use simh to emulate the hardware of a PDP-10.
I would like to run the Tops-10 (DecSystem-10) operating system.
Once that is running, I would like to use the original Dec-10 Pascal,
Lisp, Fortran, and APL
and SOS editor full screen editor.  I've already downloaded all this
original Dec-software from
the internet.

I'm specifically interested in a step by step guide on the steps in SIMH
that I would need to do
to load the tops-10 operating system, create a userid, and how to load
the compilers.

If anyone has detailed step by step instructions on how to do this, I
would greately appreciate it.

Thanks,

Bill