[Simh] Proposed Nova subsystem update

Vince Mulhollon vlm at mulhollon.com
Mon Jun 4 14:51:27 EDT 2007

On Mon, Jun 04, 2007 at 05:32:59PM +0000, bsupnik at comcast.net wrote:
> 4) Use of 'official' DG boot ROMs requires legal clearance, since all of those ROMs are copyrighted.  This is why all the PDP-11 boot ROMs are 'workalikes' rather than actual sources.  Is there any way to get clearance on DG firmware these days?

A related yet separate question is, are the vax ka655.bin and ka655x.bin
also workalikes, or legally released, or uncopyrighted?  Those files had
to be removed from the Debian SIMH package because I was unable to generate
a convincing answer, one way or the other.

P.S. Writing on behalf of about a zillion users, thanks for your work